In this episode, Kimberly and Atira discuss her work as an advocate against sex trafficking in South East Asia, how she combines art therapy and somatic practices to help survivors heal and repair, and the trauma-informed programs she offers for practitioners of plant medicine ceremonies. She describes how her own experience being an Asian woman facing compacted oppressions led her to her work. She also describes how even in some of the darkest places, she is able to see beauty and light in community and relationships.
Atira is a senior yoga and meditation teacher (500 E-RYT), art therapist (M.A. Expressive Art Therapy & Grad Dip. Transpersonal Art Therapy), a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP), a somatic trauma specialist in sexual abuse recovery and trauma educator, TED speaker and #1 best-selling author. I’m currently completing my Ph.D. studies in Expressive Art Therapies. CEO of Art to Healing and Yoga for Freedom. She is also an Expressive Art Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Yoga Teacher, Counselor & Coach, public speaker and author on women’s health, sacred activism and leadership. You can find more about Art to Healing and her upcoming programs Somatic Plant Medicine and Integration program and a Trauma Informed Plant Medicine Facilitation program.
What She Shares
- Intergenerational trauma in the body
- Somatic applications for recovery from sex trafficking
- Plant medicine and trauma, catharsis and integration
- Upcoming program dates for facilitators
- Website: https://www.arttohealing.org/
- IG: @arttohealing
- The FREE live class with Kimberly on October 10th at 11am PT | 2pm ET
- Activate Your Inner Jaguar Sex Edition Waitlist