In this inaugural episode of the Magamama podcast, Kimberly Ann Johnson is joined by Christiane Pelmas who shares her wisdom as a psychotherapist, Sexological Bodyworker, wise woman, author and mother. She tells me just before the episode that she is not interested in being interviewed. She’s interested in co-created conversation. Nevertheless, she is a truth teller and culture maker.
She elucidates the difference between codependence and interdependence, and how care-taking can be a form of violence. She describes herself as an “essentialist” and how she sees gendering as a coexisting part of that. She talks about the forgotten role of mother as a soul guide.
What you’ll hear:
- The difference of co dependence and interdependence (1:30)
- How do you feel that difference between codependence or interdependence (6:30)
- Compulsory discomfort! (12:00)
- Culture and codependence (15:00)
- Masculine vs. feminine, modern culture and essentials (26:30)
- Thoughts and personal vision on modern culture and the impact on mothering (41:00)
- Worrying about children and emotional intelligence (45:00)
- A different role for mothers which is not taught in this culture – Soul Guide (50:00)
Her website is www.TheReWilding.com
You can find her books here: