Somatic tools, breath and the nervous system
A 4 Week Course with Kimberly Ann Johnson
Starting Tuesday September 7th
18 months in.
We have all experienced many unforeseen changes of direction.
Meanwhile, life has gone on. For most of us.
We don’t know what the future holds.
How will this affect our children, and their children?
Will we choose the earth?
Will we choose each other- even those whose realities we cannot see?
Are we willing to change?
The answer to these questions depends on us.
How much resilience and stamina do we have to build a new culture?
That depends largely on our relationship to our nervous systems.
Do we understand what our bodies are telling us? Will we listen? There is so much to dis-entangle.
My work to this point has been based on healthy sexuality + embodied consent.
Now we have to go a layer deeper.
Elemental and crucial skills for how we move forward to build a world we want to belong to.
If we are touch-starved and socially anxious, coming together for intimacy takes on a whole other layer of charge and requires different skills. We have to have a comfort level with proximity, touch and body.
Healthy sexuality + embodied consent are built on a foundation of
CARE + TOGETHERNESS.
YOU can be a leader by investing in and devoting yourself to translating your own nervous system so no one else has to.
In this round of Activate your Inner Jaguar, we will go back to the roots of our felt sense perception of the nervous system. It’s not an idea.
It’s an experience.
After this course, you won’t have to wonder or guess at what state you’re in. You will know.
The body tells the story. So the amount of stress you carry coming through this experience will be directly proportional to how you have been able to move through it.
And we will be feeling in and through together. We have always needed each other, in ways that we may have not valued or understood.
Nervous System Reset
Who Is This Class For?
Yoga, movement + breath teachers who need to understand the nervous system and trauma on a deeper level
Birthworkers who need tools to help clients shift states according to individual needs
Somanauts who want to add breathwork to their tools
Anyone who feels resigned or helpless or afraid and needs an infusion of fresh energy and tools
Mothers, with no space or privacy, seeking to be the regulating center of their homes and understand how to help their children metabolize this never-ending time
Humans who need and want community and support
Activists who are losing stamina
- Tuesday: Jaguar Essentials for 75-90 minutes at Jaguar Church Hour at 11am PT | 2pm ET [September 7, 14, 21, 28]
- Wednesday: Women of Color-only classes led by Emma Callaghan at 11am PT | 2pm ET
- Thursday: Jaguar Sessions 6o min live sessions 11 am PT | 2 pm ET
- Yin Yoga with Emma Callaghan Sunday, September 12th 5:00 pm pst | 8:00 pm est
- Primal Scream Friday, September 17th at 7:30 am PT | 10:30 am ET
- A private Facebook community.
- All classes are recorded in case you can’t attend live.
In This Class You Will Learn:
- Learn how to accurately read the signals your body is giving you and know what direction to move to from there
- Identify where your clients and students are in the nervous system cascade and what direction to go.
- Why certain forms of movement, yoga and breathwork might work for some people, but not for you
- To source wisdom in your body from your body
- Breathwork principles and practices
- How to stop projecting your anxiety outwards and learn to metabolize it, so you can communicate from your deepest truth, and be heard
- How to metabolize the waves of emotions and sensations so that you can emerge from this crisis as a leader
How Is This Different From Other Jaguar Course Offerings?
- The focus of this class is the foundation of trauma + our lived perception of the autonomic nervous system using breathwork and our axis point
- The teachings will include breathwork but from an inside-out awareness as you learn the nuances of the practices and the nervous system
- Tuesday’s class will be nervous system foundations with specific breath instructions
- This class is 4 weeks, meeting once a week or twice a week for women of color
- 1 primal scream
$347 Regular price
A Note On Refunds: Transparency is a core value of the Magamama & Jaguar community, we put a lot of effort into an accurate representation of the course experience and we are happy to answer your questions in advance. Because our products are digital goods that are accessible, once the course begins we do not offer refunds. Thank you for understanding.
What People Are Saying:
Can we feel in our bones the truth of what is happening and our place in it?
Can we reach out to other hearts and hands?
Do we understand what our body is telling us? Are we listening?
We need to awaken to our wildness.
Will we choose to come out of the cave?
If we do listen, and we do begin to translate the language of our body, then we can begin to lift out of the fog.
Kimberly Ann Johnson
Author, Sexological Bodyworker, and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
Kimberly Johnson is a Somatic Experiencing practitioner, Sexological Bodyworker, Structural Integration practitioner, birth doula and single mom.
She is the author of Call of the Wild: How We Heal Trauma, Awaken Our Own Power, and Use It For Good, as well as the early mothering classic, The Fourth Trimester. She specializes in helping women prepare for birth, and heal from birth injuries, medical and gynecological trauma, as well as sexual boundary repair.
Three years ago, she fell in love with ice immersion and breathwork. She has since studied the WimHof and Rebirthing methods, as well as with Kasper van der Meulen.
Jaguar Women of Color facilitator, yoga & mindfulness instructors
Emma Callaghan has been teaching yoga and mindfulness practices for 18 years but credits Somatic Experiencing and Kimberly’s Jaguar courses for helping her to unravel and heal racialized and intergenerational trauma. After multiple rounds of Jaguar Emma has gained a thorough understanding of her own nervous system and has been helping others to understand theirs. Emma has been supporting the Jaguar movement for the last year by facilitating affiliate classes for women of color on the course. Emma is studying Somatic Trauma Therapies and is available to all Jaguar alumni for support and connection should anyone need it one on one.
As Seen In
No problem at all. We’ve had thousands of women take this course, and very few were able to come to every live webinar (and some couldn’t attend any live, because of work and other commitments). The videos in this course are meant to be watched sometime during the week—you’ll get a replay of each video within 24 hours of the live call. You’ll receive information and experiential exercises in each video that you can work with all week.