Tobin Zivon is a longtime friend and soul ally of mine. He is also an accomplished spiritual teacher and counselor, and a man I trust to share the masculine perspective with the Magamama community.
He authored the Art of Mindful Living: You Can’t Stop the Waves, But You Can Learn To Surf, and has been teaching groups, couples and individuals for over 18 years.
His brilliance shines most brightly when working with men, women and couples in the realms of love, intimacy and sacred sexuality. For over two-and-a-half decades, Tobin has been wholeheartedly dedicated to spiritual awakening and to serving others in the flowering of their highest potential. His extensive training includes 6 years in a Zen Center, 12 years in the Ridhwan School (under the direction of AH Almaas), a three-year apprenticeship one of the most transpersonal psychotherapists in America, five years with Adyashanti, and a teacher training program with the South African Tantra teacher Shakti Malan.
This episode is for those of you who are in a rut, who are bored with the sex you are having, who feel like things have become boring or routine. You love your partner. It may have been great at some point, or maybe you married someone that you never had amazing chemistry with, but you are just not sure how to get things more spicy and interesting. I have to say that as deep and wise as Tobin is, these kind of intimacy hacks might be his untapped specialty.
What You’ll Hear:
- What do you do when you’re not having the sex that you want to have? (3:30)
- Separate requests from judgment or shaming (7:00)
- What happens if you don’t know what you want? (19:00)
- Organismic field of present desire (24:00)
- “Small audio problem (26:30)”
- Great lovers know how to ask great questions (27:00)
- Habitual patterns and playfulness and curiosity (29:00)
- What does a man really need from a woman? (33:00)